Saturday, February 17, 2007

Something to Drink

After we are seated in the restaurant at a booth and given menus, we decide to get something to drink first. That will be a lot easier, we think, than trying to figure out what food to order for now. Wayne and I request our standard "Coca-Cola Light". For those of you who are diet coke drinkers and who may not have traveled out of the country yet......Diet Coke is called "Coca-Cola Light" in many other countries, including Mexico, and now Russia. After we had ordered our Diet Cokes, I looked over at "D" to ask if he would like to have some milk ( Mal-ah- KOH). He innocently looks at me and says "Nyet, Coca Cola Light. WOW!! Now I am thinking........hey, how do I explain that children should not drink sodas and pop, but should have nutritious things to drink like milk and juice. I look over at Wayne and ask him how do I explain nutritional value to him?? Blah, blah, blah, etc. Then, after a minute, I shrug my shoulders, look at the waitress and tell her "3 Coca Cola lights!! Then the three of us sit there quietly for a while, sipping on our sodas while we decide on the main course.........Part 2 tomorrow.

No comments: