Monday, February 12, 2007

Back to the Future!!

I am pausing from the continuation of our saga to post a quick update in the hear and now. Up until this point, I have been recanting the story of meeting our two boys in Magadan, Russia. I wanted to deviate tonight from that to give everyone the "status quo" on the adoption. We are currently waiting for our "Release Letter" from Moscow, and as soon as this is done, then we can apply for a Court Date!! The release letter removes the boys from the data base that would allow other foreigners to adopt them. That is one giant step closer to us having our boys!! Of course, (Kon - YESH - na), we still have the possiblity of a Russian family or relatives coming forward before court. I say it is not over until it is over!! We have to trust God for that part. If He wants these boys to come to our family, then He will be the one to accomplish it!! Here is to hoping our Release Letter comes this week!! WooHoo!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Keeping my fingers crossed and praying that the letter comes this week! Thanks for posting the picture of the hotel, Scott was just wondering where we stay in Magadan, and now he knows.

Brandie said...

oh, my how long does it usually take to get the letter? You guys were there a month ago. Once you get the letter how long does it then take to get a court date?
My heart goes out to you.. and I thank you for sharing the process with us.
And my husband and I loved the picture of the hotel. We too were wondering if that is where we would be staying?