Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Magadan Cathedral

Sorry guys.......after a long 13 hour shift at work my brain is bordering on mush!! So I thought I would tell you this is the new Cathedral they are currently building in Magadan. It is actually the only Cathedral in Magadan, and it is Russian Orthodox. Hopefully on our next trip we will have a little more time. I would love to go and check it out, and attend a service. I am sure it would be so interesting. The front of the Cathedral has all copper roofing. I don't have a picture of the front, but I shall have to get one on our next trip and post it. This Cathedral is quite beautiful, and I decided to use it as my personal "logo" for all my posts. Thanks to Elle who so patiently explained to my non-technical mind how to add this pic when I post comments!! I will continue my story with the boys tomorrow........wait until you hear what happened on our afternoon ALONE with "D" !!

2 comments:

Elle said...

Khabarovsk has a very similar one. If you attend a service make sure you cover your head. It is ok for women to enter the church with their heads uncovered during non service times, but respectful if you cover your head during the actual service. We walked into a church once during the service and I didn't have a scarf. I was so embarrased.

Also, if you didn't go in this one expect little gift booths. All the churches have them. I bought little trinkets at all the churches we visited in Khab.

Brandie said...

WOW, I was wondering where the little picture on the top of the blog came from.

I can't wait to see more of Magadan!

Brandie