Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Going into town to have lunch (Finally!!)

We left the hotel in search of an open restaurant so that we could feed “D” before his long drive back into the interior of Siberia in Magadan Oblast (Region). The picture shows the sidewalk we walked down in search of food!! We set out on our journey to find the Chinese Restaurant. As we walked down the sidewalk we noticed the third building on the left had the lights on and was an open establishment. “Hooray” I said to Wayne. I was so glad that we did not have to walk far in order to get lunch. We opened the door and entered. To our surprise we saw a chair with a hair dryer attached! We had walked into a beauty parlor!! OOPS!! I grabbed “D’s” hand, and out we went!! He had this really funny look on his face like “You want to get your hair done?? I thought we were having lunch!!" I am sure he was bewildered…..and I am willing to bet that is the beginning of MANY episodes of bewilderment!!

No comments: