Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Out of the frying pan and into the Fire!!

We finally arrived in Moscow only to find about 20 men standing outside holding up signs......only none of them had my name on it!! We stood and waited about an hour and one half for him while telling about 50 taxi drivers "Nyet Spaseeba". We tried to call him, but could not get a connection after he answered. Finally one of the taxi drivers got on his personal cell phone, dialed the number we gave him, spoke sound fast Russian works to him, and then hung up. Andre promtly showed after that. We made it to another airport (landed in Shermetevo and transfered to Domedero (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) and we were taken to a counter where Andre and the lady behind the counter spoke a lot of Russian, we paid for new tickets, and were given a flight to Magadan at 11pm tonight. I asked what airline that was. He stated it was not an airline, but the Ministry of Emergency Services, who will book you on a plane if you ever miss your flight. Who knew?? We have no idea what airline we are on, just a gate number, and we show up at that time and get on the plane. It is probably a plane full of supplies like poultry and maybe even sheep or something!! I don't care, just let me sit next to the tomatos and arrive safely in Magadan.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! What an interesting trip! I hope that flight went well. I have a picutre of Indiana Jones in the plane during the Temple movie. :o)

mommyto5 said...

Oh My Susan, what an adventure! Hope you get to meet the boys soon I am so happy for you guys and look forward to hearing all about it. I haven't been on chat since coming home with the girls, I am out of the loop:)May God Bless you the rest of the trip!
Best Wishes, Candy

Suz said...

I hope there were tomatoes or sheep on your flight!

Well, maybe tomatoes on a plate :o)

You are doing really well on your Russian words!

I learned a new simple word on our last trip - LAdna which means OK.

Can't wait to hear about your meeting with the boys!

the little mermaid said...

hey mom. I got it to work. I cant remember my aol password. I heard that you would be back on time. thats great. hpoe every thing is well. with love tavia