Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Doggies, Kitty, and Kids......OH MY!!

We are finally home!! I feel like a new person after sleeping in my own bed!! And my back also thanks me (ya toe-zha) ....(me too!!). Kitty seemed to fair just fine on his own and didn't seem to suffer during our absence. He still had some food in his bowl, and.........since we live in a rural, country area, apparently Kitty had an extra snack while we were gone......as I found a little tiny mousehead in the living room!! UGH! Whenever Kitty finds and eats a mouse, he eats all of it except the head, (eyes, ears, and skull)....I guess it is too crunchy.......gross!! The doggies are Shetland Sheepdogs (Shelties) and both of them lost weight......poor things, but were SO HAPPY to be back home. We were happiest to see our sweet children and had such a wonderful time "catching up" on all that was missed last week. This evening we looked at pictures and videos we made of the boys. Tav and Rem have been working on the boys' room, and they had gotten out one of our old cribs (Tavia's actually) and scrubbed it clean, and them disassembled a daybed that was down stairs and brought it upstairs for the big boy. The boys will be sharing a room upstairs. Then they got out their old wooden train set and assembled it in the boys' room. They are both so excited to bring these new children into our family. I know we shall have to take the train set out, as I have heard that children living in orphanages should not have toys in their bedroom initially, as they will stay up all night and play with the toys, and not settle down and go to sleep...... it is not something they are used to. But......I could not dampen the enthusiasm that Tav and Rem both have. For now.....the toys and train set can stay in the room. What sweet giving children they are to make this sacrifice to share with two boys who have nothing!!!

No comments: